My Blogging Experience
For me, it was very hard to write a blog because I know my writings will reflect my thoughts on points I am raising or putting forward and will be seen by others, they may comment in favor or against doesn’t matter but my writings should be relevant, interesting, new, funny and not harm anyone’s feelings. Writing an icebreaker as my first blog makes me relaxed and I feel very motivated after writing it.
During the start of this module, I faced difficulties and have tried to overcome these difficulties-
- English Language- As my first language is Hindi, I feel little difficult to write a blog in the start of this module but as I started and follow instructions from Dilan and other mentors, I feel writing blogs was interesting, and also, they provided many references and tools which makes it easier to write blogs.
- The difference between speaking and writing- I feel easy to speak on any topic than writing about it. But as the module continues and lectures go on week after week, I used to write or read blogs, and comments by mentors and others, which makes it easier to write just like speaking.
- Lack of interest- At the beginning, I feel writing these blogs was boring because it felt like you are talking to the wall. No one talks about what you write although they all were reading and writing blogs as well. But some days after my friends start talking about your blogs in comments and in the lecture room as well which develops my interest in writing blogs.
- Organizing- Initially, it was very difficult for me to see others’ blogs and comments as it was new to me and making it a part of my routine, but now after this whole semester, I used to see the urban design blog website every day and also, I have joined many other sites as well and always be excited about new blogs and comments.
- Focus on a particular topic- I feel while writing the blog I tried to cover many topics in one post or sometimes I deviate from the topic. I was facing this problem initially and feel that still I am going with this problem and really want to improve this by the next semester.
One thing which I have still in my mind is that during the semester we were having a number of lectures and from those, we have to select any of the related topics and write a blog. But after this in the next semester or in the real life if we have to write a blog then how do we have to select a topic, what do we have to keep in mind while selecting a topic? I think I am still confused about selecting topics that I really want to improve on next semester.
At last, I want to say it was a very innovative learning task and I am looking forward to next semester continuing this exercise and I am really thankful to all my mentors who helped me in developing my writing skills and knowledge.
Leave a Reply